After a great night of restful sleep, I am sitting at school with a very open schedule today due to MCAS testing. Which is surprisingly okay with me - I have a lot of cleaning and organizing of music to do, and unlike past years, I'm trying to get it done on "company time". Kids played great at our last concert, so we're just coasting and polishing and bonding before they head off to big scary middle school.
Last night's rehearsal was fantastic. Gerry mentioned to us "there's so many notes in this (b Minor mass) - how did he manage to get every one RIGHT?" I concur. Singing this work for the first time has given me a chance to really get to know it, and there's musical twists and turns within that are absolutely astounding.
And the depth of this musical experience has nothing to do with where I am employed, how and where I completed my music degree.... so maybe today I'm reflecting a bit on how to "keep the music" around me if my job and time with my musical colleagues goes away. And perhaps the vehicle's already right in front of me.
I have an interesting dilemma brewing today - Maille may have gotten into the Amesbury preschool as a 4 day student. Which would mean no working for me, at least at this job, there's no way to make that "fit". I'm not sure if this is the case, but I took the time to listen carefully to my own feelings about it before I knew details on the outcome. I have always said that having Maille's educational needs met (as dictated most recently by her IEP) would be my top priority - and it still is. Ironic that I get this letter the same week I may also be making other employment decisions. I guess life is indeed what happens while you're busy making other plans....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment