I used to carry these around in my pocket while working on my graduate degree. Probably about time I print them out again. They are from Parker Palmer.
Do I come to learning prepared for a genuine meeting between myself, other persons, ideas and texts?
Do I try, In teaching and learning, to stay close to what I know experientially, and do I take care to ask the same of others?
Am I willing to devote the energy necessary to engage my whole self in the learning process, and especially to cultivate those aspects of myself which are underdeveloped?
Do I take full advantage of the community of learning by sharing my insights with others, and by willingness to test myself against their experience? Do I help foster the learning community in this way?
Do I appreciate that the consequences of learning will be different for different people, and am I open to unexpected consequences for myself?
Do I accept the possibility that meeting for learning may change not only my mind but my life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment