I was unable to embed the trailer from this film, but this youtube clip of Julia Child and Pepin is great too. I had read both of the books this film was based on and highly recommend them. The film ws surprisingly good too - I htought it might be a little fluffy, but it was fun and they did a very good job with the historical Julia Child facts. You could make an entire film just about Julia Child, her life was so rich and interesting, and I highly suggest My Life In France as interesting reading as well!
update: some more info from Shelf Awareness:
The film Julie & Julia continues to fire up book sales nationally. The Tri-City Herald reported that Richland, Wash., bookstores Adventures Underground and Hastings Books Music Video & Coffee prepared for the reaction, but are still working hard to keep pace with demand."We realized that once the movie came out, we would have to stock up," said Amanda Divine of Adventures Underground. According to the Herald, "both Hastings and Adventures Underground placed book orders anticipating the movie to boost sales, but when Divine received her shipment Thursday, she only received two copies of Child's My Life in France and Powell's book.""Everything else is on back order," she said. [Editor's note: the in-house chief editorial critic says readers MUST go see this, if only to watch Meryl Streep play Julia Child. Best viewed preceding a tasty repast.]


No comments:
Post a Comment