Wednesday, July 7, 2010

health


Today is a good reminder about how fragile our health can be. Yesterday I was tired, and once we turned the air conditioner on (just low) I needed a blanket most of the day (and THREE at night). It did not dawn on me until this morning that this could be a thyroid issue - but it probably is. As someone with a chronic health condition, it surprises me sometimes that I forget I am sick. How timely - after spending yesterday trying to figure out how to slow down and rest, my body's doing it for me. Today's practice will be one of gratitude for the health I still have, and (hopefully) for more health that will return. And fruit, lots of fruit!



“Can you see the holiness in those things you take for granted–a paved road or a washing machine? If you concentrate on finding what is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.” — Rabbi Harold Kushner

No comments:

Post a Comment