Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Listening to leadings.....

I've been very busy trying not to be so busy. In an excellent twist of events, NEYM's feed sent this message to me today:

What a wonder this Divine Presence is..... Am I awake enough to really be aware.... Of the deepness..... Where am I being led?
I think being "awake" has many meanings for us today. I see a morning scramble for the coffee pot in my work life, and my home life as well. Always "on the go", fulfilling the needs, keeping things up and "running".

The kind of "awake" I require now is a calmer one. An awareness preceded by a necessary emptiness. I need to make room to be filled with whatever comes my way of true importance.

I have been often slowed, come to a grinding halt in fact these days. Sometimes a simple comment, a simple moment brings me back into a reality that I was not expecting, or even quite comfortable with. But the connections I see, the community that is forming, the ways in which I interact with others are only able for me to see if I have space in which to let them reside.

No comments:

Post a Comment