Sunday, October 11, 2009

Called Out Of Darkness - Anne Rice

Ironically, this is the first book I've read by Anne Rice. Not sure how I first came across it, but it was interesting to read Rice's story of a return to her Catholic Faith. It made me think more about how our early years shape who we become. I too, have returned to a journey of faith - but not the same Catholic one that I began. For me it was interesting to see Rice's return and how she reconciled her difficulties with some of the dogma of religion. Perhaps all of her earlier writings, in a way, were working out those difficulties as well.

I am eager to read more of her works - this was quick and accessible I am curious as to her prose style in works of fiction. She has written both many books about Vampires, and more recently books about Jesus - I'll have to do some thinking about which end of the spectrum to start on! But I am glad I read this book as another version and glimpse into someone else's journey. This video also shows some her descriptions of beauty, which she saw in the church. How interesting to look at this now from a more "sparse" Quaker perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment