Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The only thing we bring is ourselves...

We shall not cease from our exploration
And at the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time - T S Eliot

I'm sitting at the Haymarket cafe in Northampton, MA. Last time I was here I do not think I owned a laptop - I may not have imagined I ever would.

I find myself calm and enjoying a nice cup of coffee. My visits here in the past few years have been kind of stressful at times - Western MA has a lot of mixed messages and memories for me. Today, however, this trip is just another day, another stopping place along the road, and I think I am seeing it with new eyes and perspective.

I brought all I needed with me to enjoy the day - me. And that "me" just grows more enlightened, (hopefully) more secure in wherever I am. It has occurred to me that perhaps if I had that all along, this place wouldn't have had such a collection of wacky memories for me. Perhaps not.

No comments:

Post a Comment