Saturday, November 28, 2009

Gifts

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. ..... To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines. - Corinthians

I've been reading a lot about how we all manifest our true natures, our "gifts" if you will, in different ways. I seem to often be surrounded by many who use their gifts wisely, amazingly, and in no way are they similar to mine. How can I begin to see my own strengths and needs?

In my past studies I have been amazed and drawn to the stories of artists - especially those who seemed to march to the beat of a "different drummer" and created new venues, used new mediums, and truly fully actualized their own artistic potential. Most often, they were simply open to new ways, or not open at first, but forced - and then the energy came.

No comments:

Post a Comment