I spent the weekend in some new places. Physically, spiritually, emotionally - and I think it was a good idea. How many things do I miss for the sake of feeling "safe" or wanting to stay in a controlled situation?
In our relations with others in our daily work, let us manifest the spirit of justice and understanding and thus give a living witness to the Truth. While trying to make provision for ourselves and our families, let us not be anxious, but in quietness of spirit trust in the goodness of God..... let us think first of the service that we may render. Let us be ready to limit our engagements, to withdraw for a time, or even to retire from a business that we may be free for new service as God appoints it. (Faith and Practice)
This is the first fall that I have made a conscious effort to review the choices I make in how I spend my time. Although I am certainly as busy as in other years, I feel that having most of my focus in a few areas is making things easier for me. Family and evenings at home and family outings have taken center stage, and Quaker meetings and other spiritual endeavors are also up at the top of the list. Teaching, while a great love of mine, seems to not overwhelm me this year as in years past. I thought perhaps this was because of the new job - but really, it's just my attitude that's made the difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment